Key Stage 3
The provision provides a safe and structured environment in which all students are given opportunities to develop academically, emotionally and socially.
Our aim is to encourage our students to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
Lessons students access
Within the provision all staff are committed to developing numeracy and literacy skills We aim to:
- help raise the numeracy levels of all students
- inspire an enjoyment and love of maths
- instil confidence at using mathematics
- enable students to have opportunities for mathematical thinking and discussion
- encourage students to become confident speakers in a variety of contexts
- encourage students to enjoy reading
- understand that reading is necessary in all aspects of life
- help students to communicate clearly and confidently in writing
- provide opportunities for a range of writing exercises.
These sessions will give students the opportunity to enhance their social and emotional awareness. We aim to:
- Provide students with the skills to begin to form positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Create an awareness of the views and feeling of others.
- Make young people aware of other relevant issues (e.g. Drugs, Alcohol, Bullying.)
- Make young people aware of appropriate behaviour in different settings
- Help students act independently
- Assume responsibility
- Take pride in their accomplishments
- Attempt new tasks and challenges
Students have weekly art lessons to help develop their creativity and imagination through more sustained activities.
Students develop knowledge and understanding of healthy eating and nutrition. They have weekly cooking lessons were they are able to take their cooking home.
P.E / Outdoor Education
Students access one full day of outdoor education to help motivate students to develop positive attitudes towards learning through varied experiences in the natural environment.
KS4 Subjects taught
- GCSE Maths
- GCSE English Language
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE Science
- L2 Hair & Beauty Certificate
- L1/2 Construction Award, Certificate
- L1/2 Sport and Leisure Award, Certificate
GCSE & Equivalent
- GCSE Art
- City & Guilds Hair & Beauty Studies
- WJEC Business Studies
- NCFE Health and Social Care
- WJEC Hospitality and Catering