Super Learning Days are whole days when once every half term, our pupils are taken off their traditional timetable and given deep learning opportunities.
The aim of our Super Learning Days, are to provide additional opportunities for pupils to develop as rounded individuals, in line with the values of The Heights, Burnley.
Super Learning Days are in addition to the taught Personal Development curriculum and offer flexible enrichment opportunities that allow us to respond to the needs of our pupils and build upon the taught curriculum.
In practice this means:
- There are opportunities for pupils to develop an awareness of, and respect for, themselves and others throughout our SLD days.
- These enhancement days support the development of positive self-esteem, which will help pupils to cope with the challenges of personal growth.
- The wide range of activities enable pupils to be aware of the personal choices they can make and prepares them to make responsible decisions.
- SLD days help pupils to explore their feelings and emotions and promote confidence in one’s own ability.
- We also provide chances for pupils to explore and question their own thoughts and feelings.
- We give pupils the opportunity to engage with employers and further education providers to ensure future generations will beneﬁt from quality, meaningful interactions that help them understand the links between courses, skills and the pathways they open up.