Your careers team in school is led by Miss N Lincoln, with support from Mrs H Horner. We are available to talk to about your life after you leave The Heights, Burnley. Our aim is to give you the support you need so that you can be confident and happy about your choices for the future.
Resources for you
Check out these websites:
- https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/– This website has lots of information and support with applying for courses and jobs.
- https://icould.com/ – If you are wondering how your subjects relate to a career, you can use this website to find videos of people who are in the careers now and what they did to get there.
- https://www.pearson.com/uk/learners/secondary-students-and-parents/career-choices.html – This website has all you need to know about different careers and courses, you can even search for courses near you.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/careers – General advice and news on the latest in careers.
- Year 11 Transition Opportunities – This is a fantastic series of virtual work experience, resources and employer insights.
If you are unsure about what you want to do, why not try one of the below tools which can help you make careers choices and see what careers are available to you.
Skillsometer can help you discover what jobs you might like to do in the future. You will be presented with a series of statements. Select the emoji that shows how you feel about each statement. You will be given suggestions of jobs linked to what you most enjoy doing.
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers.
It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected.